We're huge fans of pancakes in our house, and this recipe is one of our favorites! Unlike many grain-free recipes, these pancakes hold together well and also have a nice fluffy texture that we love.
These are great topped with maple syrup, fruit compote, or even eaten plain. I've also been known to add dairy-free chocolate chips to the batter for a sweet treat. However you decide to serve them, I hope you enjoy them as much as we do!
1 very ripe plantain
5 pastured eggs
1 tsp vanilla
2 tsp Ceylon cinnamon
2 TB blanched almond meal
2 TB tapioca flour
¼ c coconut flour
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp apple cider vinegar
1. Preheat electric skillet to 300F or stovetop skillet to low-medium heat.
2. Combine plantain and wet ingredients in food processor and blend until smooth.
3. Add dry ingredients to wet ingredients and combine thoroughly until batter is formed.
4. Pour batter into pan and cook 3-4 mins each side. Note: these will not bubble, so look for doneness on the underside prior to flipping.
5. Serve as-is or topped with 100% pure maple syrup and walnuts.