3 very ripe bananas
3 large eggs
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
1 tablespoon raw honey
¼ c ghee, melted (coconut oil would work as well)
1 ¼ c blanched almond flour
½ teaspoon pink Himalayan sea salt
2-4 scoops protein powder*
1 ½ TB organic Ceylon cinnamon
¼ tsp nutmeg
1 teaspoon baking soda
½ c raw macadamia nuts
Coconut milk or water as needed to ensure batter is still runny after adding protein powder
1. Pre-heat oven to 350F.
2. Place bananas, eggs, vanilla, honey, and ghee in a food processor, and pulse until well combined.
3. Add in almond flour, salt, protein powder, cinnamon, nutmeg, and baking soda, and thoroughly combine. Add coconut milk or water as needed to ensure batter is runny.
4. Fold in chocolate chunks and macadamia nuts by hand.
5. Scoop batter into muffin liners in muffin pan or directly into silicone muffin mold. Optional: top with additional nuts as shown on some of the muffins in the picture.
6. Bake at 350° for 15-20 minutes until lightly browned on top and toothpick inserted in middle comes out clean.
7. Remove from oven and allow to cool.
8. Serve as-is or with spread of choice. Enjoy!
*I used about ½ c of protein powder. How much you want to add will depend on the flavor of your protein powder and how much protein content you want in your bread.